Unit 2. HUMAN RIGHTS
Lesson 2. Intolerance.
DISCRIMINATION AGAINST WOMEN
- Content: Prejudice and discrimination. Women's rights. Violence against children. Death penalty and the rights of immigrants.
- Content language: Vocabulary: victims, violence, aggressor, abuse, rape, harassment, protection, kidnapping, to kill, exploitation, sexual merchandise, prison, offense, human trafficking, discrimination, equality before the law, principles, inalienable, deprivation, freedom, to restrict, to prohibit, to guarantee, to respect, to promote
- Communication: English language:
- the right to + inf.
- the right of + noun
- the duty to + inf.
- to respect the right to + inf.
- to break the law
- Culture: Knowing about human rights around the world.
- Comprehension: explain, summarize, distinguish, give examples, infer, review.
- Reading activity.
- Filling the gaps activity.
- Audiovisual presentation.
- Group discussions.